Monday 10 October 2011

Loving Our Life Up North

We've lived up here for about 2 and a half months now and we're both loving it. Hubby is working ridiculously hard bless him, leaving home at 7:30 and home by 20:00 if he's lucky, but he is loving being back in regimental life and doing 'proper' army work instead of being surrounded by us civvies all the time as he was in his last posting!

I've met some really fantastic people and made a couple of lovely friends already in Sarah & Lou. They are my next door neighbours and 'wives of' lovely blokes who do the same job as my hubby so we're all in the same boat, going to the same things or being home alone when our hubbies are going to stag do's together. The only difference is I'm bringing up my furry babies and they're bringing up non-furry babies lol.

We have our first Mess do coming up and I can't wait! Have booked in to the hairdresser (got to cover up my grey hairs!) and on the day Sarah and I are leaving the boys to look after our furry and non-furry babies whilst we disappear off to beautify ourselves, it won't take her long but I may need all day! I am really looking forward to it though, particularly because the Mess is a 2 minute walk from our home so the heels won't be causing too many issues!

We finally finished our home this weekend - obviously not painting or anything like that, magnolia walls throughout are here to stay! - but all of our furniture is finally here and everything is put away, we're having one of my hubby's boys over to dinner this week now and I can't wait to finally be able to entertain! Just need to make sure the dogs are tired out before he comes over so the poor sod doesn't get mugged ... 

My parents have been up to visit which was lovely, didn't have the best weather but was great to see them, am hoping to get back to the 'Shire before December one weekend so I can see my girlies before Christmas and then next year I'll be annoying everyone to come and stay!

Talking of which ... I can't wait for Christmas! I start getting excited about August time as we're in the right half of the year and I try and keep it in as long as I can but I've reached my limit and I am now officially excited about Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment