Friday 8 July 2011

The family

Thought I should give you all a quick introduction to our furry ones.  First is Sparks, as benefits the oldest!  She is 6 and a talker, especially when hungry, the drive from Kent to 'up North' with her will be entertaining ... to say the least!

Doing her best "You lookin' at me?" expression!

Then there is Jack, our collie cross and my baby.  He is 5 and a superstar (bar being scared of hot air balloons - from when we lived in Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham, they are everywhere there! - and fireworks, oh and BBQ's which makes the summer ... well ... interesting?!).  He came to me when he was 9 weeks old having arrived from Ireland at 6 weeks with his mum and siblings to a collie rescue called Wiccaweys (http://www.wiccaweys.co.uk/) who I have been involved with for about 7/8 years now doing homechecks and the odd bit of fostering.  In any case here he is!

He loves the beach so much his paws don't touch the ground!

Last up is the newest addition to our little family, an absolutely adorable border terrier pup who has yet to be named! He is coming from the utterly lovely Geraldine and Steve of Colourboxdogs (http://www.colourboxdogs.co.uk/) and I met him for the first time last Saturday, literally had to drag myself away from cuddling him as he is so gorgeous.  He will probably be called Marne, although we are going to wait to bring him home until we finally decide.  He is four weeks old here ...

Just look at that belly! Crying out for raspberries!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little pup!! I want another border terrier so that Toby has someone to play with! Loux

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lou! Can't wait to bring him home, hope Jack likes being a big brother, although he has always been very good with my various foster dogs so I am sure he'll be fine!

    Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellie! I'm quite excited about you having a blog as it will be lovely to watch the progress of the brother of our new little pup! We're going to meet her on Sunday and we're very excited. Maybe she (and Freddie. And maybe me come to think of it!) needs a blog of her own too!! Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky! I think all our animals definitely need blogs so they can keep up with each other! Take lots of photos on Sunday and give our boy a cuddle from me please! Ellie x

    ReplyDelete