Sunday 10 July 2011

Shattered!

We had an amazing weekend.  I had a lovely night out with Suzi and her girls, although I am slightly apprehensive about her wedding now as it may be in Four Weddings, I've never watched it but I hate the thought of being on tv!  We'll have to wait and see as her venue may not allow it, but I'm nervous already and it isn't even my wedding!  In any case it was a lovely evening, the food was absolutely delicious as was the wine Suzi has chosen, yum!

We then went to Rob and Lucy's for the rest of the weekend to celebrate Zach's 1st birthday, I can't believe he is one already!  It only seems like yesterday that they were telling us they were expecting (over our New Year celebrations in West Wales ... that will be on hold this year as up North to West Wales is a bit too long a drive!) and now he is one!  Zach is just the most adorable kid, I fell in love with him the first time I met him and have been trying to persuade Lucy ever since to let us take him home but she's having none of it, can't believe how mean she is!  There were 3 other one year olds on the celebration committee and one fabulous 3 month old who was passed from pillar to post and was very happy to accept the cuddles that came his way, BBQ was gorgeous - although a typical boys only zone! - and then in the evening Rob's utterly hilarious younger brother Mike set up a game of extreme croquet with my hubby, it was SO funny to watch and even funnier later on when I joined in and kicked their arses by about 4 holes ... with Lucy coming in second ... girls rule, boys drool!

Got home in good time as we had LOTS to do, the washing machine is on the fifth load, the garden has been weeded and we have watched a proper Sunday afternoon film (brilliant but mindless - aliens come to earth and we kick their arses lol) and I am now watching Marley & Me whilst cuddling Jack and enjoying a cold glass of vino, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment