Friday 8 July 2011

It's the weekend!

The weekend is only 15 minutes away!  Silly to get so excited really when life will be constant weekends soon … I know I’m odd but that rather fills me with dread!  How on earth will I keep myself busy?!  Walking the dogs, training the puppy, baking cakes, oh and I’m going to try and teach myself how to quilt … I promise I am 29 not 70!  Lots of fun plans for this weekend though!

Tonight I am meeting the lovely Suzi, together with her maid of honour Vicky and another of her friends Cynthia (who I’ve yet to meet a she couldn’t make Suzi’s hen do).  Suzi is getting married at the end of the month (yay!!!) and tonight we are going over to her venue for some last minute planning - and apparently some sampling of the wines, such a shame! - I can’t wait to see where Suzi and Ed will be getting married, so exciting!

Suzi is one of my best friends and, oddly, the result of a friend date my utterly lovely hubby set me up on when I moved down to Kent to join him.  At the time I was hideously embarrassed that he felt he had to set me up on a friend date, after all surely I could make my own friends?  I’m a grown woman for goodness sake!  Then I realised just how sweet my hubby was being, he was so worried about me being lonely and miserable having left all my girlies behind in the ‘Shire, and he so wanted me to be happy having made the big move to come and live with him, that he went to all that trouble to set me up with Suzi, who is utterly fabulous and was very well chosen!

I digress!  Hubby and I are then heading off to celebrate Zach’s first birthday with a BBQ and quite probably rather a lot of Pimms, whoop!  Rob & Lucy (Zach’s parents) are so brilliant, Rob was our best man and did the most fantastic and utterly hysterical speech and Lucy is just one of the sweetest people I know.

All in all I can’t wait for 5 o’clock to come around so I can run out the door and get the weekend started!

No comments:

Post a Comment