Wednesday 20 July 2011

Royal Garden Party 2011

If you haven't picked up on it yet my hubby is in the army, and this year we went to the Royal Garden Party.  It was fab, I loved parking on the Mall, walking around outside Buckingham Palace with my hubby in his uniform, he looked utterly gorgeous and it was very proud making.  I also loved my dress:


Obviously not me!


and my hat which was the same turquoise as the little bits in the dress, but I can't find a picture of it :(

In any case, despite the torrential rain on and off throughout the afternoon we had an amazing day, some lovely finger sandwiches and mini cakes, we had to have a cucumber sandwich each, it would have been rude not to! Followed by a hilarious natter with one of the Yeoman of the Guard who was lovely and a smile from Prince Philip, very sad not to have met him, I think he is utterly brilliant, but amazing to be 5ft away!  We then had a walk around the grounds which were breathtaking, and so well maintained!  Obviously we expect them to be, they are The Queen's gardens after all!  I just wish I could nab one of her gardeners for maybe an hour a week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment